[Harp-L] Positions Modes and the Harp_L List.

Arthur Jennings arturojennings@xxxxx
Sat Oct 27 12:34:42 EDT 2018

Relative pitch -- naming notes and chords in relation to a reference pitch -- can be learned by almost anyone, given sufficient effort.

Absolute (a.k.a. "Perfect") pitch -- naming notes and chords without a reference pitch -- seems to be something you have to develop in infancy.

People who muddle the difference between those two say you can develop perfect pitch, but they are really talking about highly developed relative pitch.