[Harp-L] Ketchup

Gary Lehmann gnarlyheman@xxxxx
Tue Nov 20 13:04:29 EST 2018

I have a Stage I from Rockin' Ron, six year old Spiers SP20 in G.

Hadn't played it in a while, and when I took it for a walk, it had some
issues.
So I decided to try the old ketchup cure, as recently posted on Facebook by
TurboDog AKA Jim Antaki, he of the many harp inventions, literally giving
Brendan Power a run for his money.

This down home remedy leaves your reeds and reedplates shiny, and you don't
need to leave it on very long. Rinse it in warm water and you're done--oh,
except I then cleared the reed slots and plinked all the reeds. After all,
there was junk in there.

Harp plays much better now!

Some say you want to leave gunk in a harp to make it more
airtight--evidently this does not apply to a Spiers Stage I.

And now it plays (insert condiment related aphorism).

Gnarly (you can't ketchup to me)