[Harp-L] Hiccups

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sun Nov 11 06:56:10 EST 2018

 David Fairweather wrote:
I find it pretty much impossible to play harp with the hiccups. Ever had it
happen to you on stage? Luckily I know a quick and easy cure for the
hiccups. But it requires a couple of Q-tips. I'm going to start packing
Q-tips in my gig bag!

1) You're right.  it's just about impossible to play with hiccups.  They
arrive at unpredictable intervals, and they interrupt whatever you were
doing.
2)  I've never heard of a cure involving Q-tips, please elaborate.  On a
different note, there is scientific evidence to the effect that slowly
swallowing a teaspoonful of sugar can stop hiccups.  At least some of the
venues where harp players work have sugar on hand.  It might be a good idea
also to pack a few packets of the stuff in your gig bag.  If you're
diabetic, of course, Q-tips are probably a better choice.

Regards, Richard Hunter
--
Help fund Richard Hunter's "Blue Future" killer blues record!
https://igg.me/at/bluefuture/x/18098212

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)