[Harp-L] Larry Adler stories

Richard Hammersley rhhammersley@xxxxx
Fri Nov 9 04:07:43 EST 2018

I started my career researching memory and I am sympathetic to Larry
Adler's view that recall is stories and that many people do not appreciate
that they are storytelling. But in the podcast he also says he cannot read
music. Yet he performed classical pieces written for the harmonica. How?
Did someone play the harmonica part on a piano so he could memorise it? Any
thoughts anyone? My first guess is by "not read music" the great raconteur
meant "not sight read at speed" rather than no knowledge at all.
Best wishes Richard