[Harp-L] Reed arcing

Laurent Vigouroux laurent.vigouroux@xxxxx
Thu Nov 8 10:30:24 EST 2018

>From the data I've collected (from people like David Herzaft and Sébastien Charlier), arcing reeds is a good but not necessary technique.
David puts an arc and it's true the result is good on his Torpedo.
Sébastien Charlier's customization of Brodur harps  principally relies on aligning very finely the reed in the slot (+ setting the gap and fixing squealing overdraws with some nail polish). The Brodur/Charlier harps are incredibly airtight and easy to overblow/draws. Better than any custom harp I've tried (and I've tried many). Of course this is the result of both an excellent comb and a good customization of the reeds. But obviously, arcing is not necessary (