[Harp-L] RIP Roy Hargrove

chespernevins@xxxxx chespernevins@xxxxx
Sat Nov 3 15:09:49 EDT 2018

Thanks for sharing, Jerome.  I didn’t know the news until seeing your email.

Your playing sounds amazing.

I used to play with Roy a little at Wally’s in Boston.  He sounded great- a very accomplished trumpet player at the time.

I remember asking him how old he was.  He said 18.  I think I was 20 or 21.

Jason Rogers