[Harp-L] Teaching the bends - peanut butter!

The Iceman icemanle@xxxxx
Thu Jun 14 10:45:54 EDT 2018

one can reference numerous postings I've made over the years for the most accelerated method of teaching bending to exact pitch - a total rank beginner has been able to bend all notes to exact pitch within the first 2 - 4 weeks of lessons....it's all about tongue placement....do a search in the archives here or over on Modern Blues Harmonica Chat Forum.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Hale <robert at xxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l at xxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jun 14, 2018 7:21 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Teaching the bends - peanut butter!

My newest harp student described note-bending this way:

"Feels like trying to get peanut butter off the roof of your mouth!"

Cracked me up! Love it!!

Teachers: How do YOU cue the student to discover note-bending?
And what do THEY say it feels like?

Love to hear your experience.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona