[Harp-L] Looking for Guidance

David McCurry david.mccurry@xxxxx
Wed Jun 13 12:37:22 EDT 2018

I would start with getting the sounds in your head. Load up on music tracks
from the Yazoo collection of early harp, especially Jaybird Coleman and
Jazz Gillum. The pre-war harmonica jazz stuff is full of 1st position
masterful playing. "Harmonica Blues: Great Harmonica Performances of the
20s and 30s" (YaZoo 1053 and #2019) is a great place to start.

Dave

--
David S McCurry, EdD

DS McCurry Fine Arts Studio