[Harp-L] Audix Fireball-V with wireless transmitter

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Sat Jan 13 22:53:14 EST 2018

I've had years of absolutely reliable service out of my Samson Airline 77
(From Greg Heumann) and Audix Fireball-V (Recommended by Richard Hunter).
But now with the FCC pushing us out of the 600 MHZ band for the benefit of
cell phone users, (T-Mobile, being the big auction winner) I must make a
decision.

BLOWSMEAWAY
Greg Heumann advises me there's no direct replacement available for that
sweet, little, cylinder transmitter.
I do NOT want to hang an XLR to Female 1/4 adapter, PLUS the guitar bug on
the end of my mic!!
What an ugly kluge that would be, and prone to accidental disconnect. (More
duct tape!)

WIRELESS USERS
What are your options? What else could I consider?
Richard Hunter, whatcha gonna do with your Audix?

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com