[Harp-L] HOOT meeting 1-16-18

JERL WELCH dfwhoot@xxxxx
Sat Jan 13 13:58:01 EST 2018

? Happy New Year to you all and as we start out a new year ,2018,We will dig right into some good BLUES workshops.Tom Ellis, co founder of HOOT , will be leading the workshops for four months, covering different styles of blues playing .Joe Degelia , on guitar , will be assisting Tom.Now this will be a hands on , where you all will be performing and not just sitting taking notes. We?ll have a mic set up to perform with and you?ll walk away with a better understanding of these different techniques.Listed below will be the different workshops. A ??C? and a ? G ? key harp will be used. Jan:? Mid-tempo blues, second or first position. Solo and playing behind the singer.Feb:? Fast blues, second or firstMarch:? Blues in a minor key, third positionApril:? Slow blues, Jimmy Reed type, first position?Tell everyone you know and if on Facebook, please share, so we can get the word out. See ya, 1-16-18?Jerl