[Harp-L] Philadelphia PA Area Harmonica Classes Begin Wed. Feb. 28 & Mon. April 30

zepharpo@xxxxx zepharpo@xxxxx
Wed Feb 21 20:44:35 EST 2018

From:  Seth Holzman,
            Email: zepharpo at xxxxx
            Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018

Dear Fellow Music Lovers -
    Announcing Harmonica Classes in the Philadelphia PA area:
    Seth Holzman Teaches Harmonica Classes, Workshops, Private Classes and Private Lessons!
    Seth's "Beginning Harmonica" and "Blues Harmonica 1" classes begin really soon - in just a few days - and then again in late April.

    Wednesday Night Havertown PA Harmonica Classes begin on Wednesday Feb. 28.
    Monday Night Philadelphia PA Harmonica Classes begin on Monday April 30.

    Wednesday Night Classes:
    My 8 week Wednesday night classes - "Harmonica For Beginners" (6:30 to 8:00 PM) and “Blues Harmonica 1" (8:00 to 9:30 PM) begin Wed. Feb. 28 at Haverford Senior High School in Havertown PA.
    (Please note: If you want to take Blues Harmonica 1 but haven’t taken the beginners’ class - Harmonica For Beginners - with me, I need to talk with you to see if you have the required skills and knowledge.)
    Classes begin Wednesday night, Feb. 28, and continue for 8 weeks on Wednesday nights through April 25 (no class March 28).
    These Wednesday night classes are offered by Haverford Township Adult School (HTAS).
    For information or to register for my Wed. night classes, contact HTAS at 610-446-8022 or www.haverfordadultschool.org.

    Monday Night Classes:
    My 8 week Monday night harmonica classes begin on April 30.  Beginning that night, I will be teaching:
    - "Harmonica For Beginners (Adults ages 13 and above)" (also known as "Harmonica 1"), from 6:30 to 7:45 PM, and
    - "Blues Harmonica 1" (for people who have taken "Harmonica For Beginners" or others who are at a similar level) from 8:00 to 9:15 PM.
    (Please note: If you want to take Blues Harmonica 1 but haven’t taken the beginners’ class - "Harmonica For Beginners (Adults ages 13 and above)" - with me, I need to talk with you to see if you have the required skills and knowledge.)
    Classes will begin Monday night, April 30, and continue for 8 weeks on Monday nights through June 25 (no class May 28 - Memorial Day).

    These Monday night classes will be held at the Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS), 6156 Ridge Ave., Philadelphia PA 19128, in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia.
    (Note: PFS was located for many, many years on Emlen St. in Philadelphia, in the Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia.  It has moved twice since 2016.)
    You may register for these Monday night classes through two different organizations: the Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS) and the Mount Airy Learning Tree (MALT).  Even though they are offered by two different organizations, the classes are one and the same.  You may register for a Monday night class through either organization.
    (The Philadelphia Folksong Society is the great venerable organization that has been bringing us the Philadelphia Folk Festival for 56 years, as well as many other concerts, workshops and community programs throughout the years!)

    For information or to register* for the Monday night classes, please contact:
    (*Note: In February, it may be a little too soon to register for the April classes.)
    The Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS) at 215-247-1300 or www.pfs.org.
    Here is a link will take you directly to the PFS website page with more information about the classes and will help you register for the classes if you choose to do so:
    https://pfs.org/our-organization/pfs-music-lessons/

    Or, for the April classes on Monday nights, you may contact:
    Mount Airy Learning Tree (MALT) at 215-843-6436 or www.mtairylearningtree.org.

    (For course descriptions, see the various websites.)

    Note: If you are interested in one of these harmonica classes, please sign up as soon as possible (immediately).  Because class size is limited, the class could fill up, and then you will be closed out of the class.  If there are not enough people registered for a class, it will be canceled.

    I've been teaching harmonica classes since 1975 in the Boston MA area; the Syracuse NY area; in New York City; and finally in the Philadelphia PA area (I've moved several times over the years).
    And I've been teaching private harmonica lessons since the early 1970's.
    I've had the pleasure of sitting in with Muddy Waters, Koko Taylor, Roomful of Blues, Magic Slim, Dave "Honeyboy" Edwards, John Brim, Vanessa Collier and others.  And I've had the great pleasure of gigging with Ronnie Earl, John Mooney, and many others.  I currently gig with Stevie and the Bluescasters (www.stevieandthebluescasters.com/).
    I earned my BA in Music degree from Syracuse University.

    Email me at zepharpo at xxxxx for information about harmonica classes, workshops, private classes and private lessons.

    Thank you!
    Best,
    Seth