[Harp-L] Blackest Crow

Trip trip.tunes@xxxxx
Sat Feb 3 22:16:57 EST 2018

Hey Daniel, if you are doing this song in the key of G the tune lays out very nicely both in first position on a G harp, and second position on to C Harp. In second position you do have to play that whole step bend on the three draw and of course you can play that A pitch up an octave on the six draw without having to bend. When performing this song I usually play it in second position on a country tuned harmonica and do my best to hit all the bent notes in tune. I guess another way to get the expressive quality of the cross harp on this tune without having to bend the three hole would be to use a Paddy Richter tuned Harp and play the song in the second position. I don’t use that tuning very often because I hate to lose the major I chord in first position, or in second position the major IV chord.

Sent from my iPhone
--
Trip Henderson
https://soundcloud.com/trip-henderson