[Harp-L] Draw bend 5

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sat Feb 3 18:38:45 EST 2018

I'm typically not concerned about pitch when I'm bending the draw 5 reed.
It's an expressive move, not a harmonic move. Or so I would argue.

The player whose bending on the 5th draw reed first captured my attention
was Little Walter.  I'm pretty sure that the long bends he used on those
reeds were about the wail, not the pitch per se.  They're about pitch in
only the broadest sense, in terms of transitioning from a generally higher
place to a generally lower place.

Regards, Richard Hunter
--
Check out Richard Hunter's 21st Century rock harmonica masterpiece "The
Lucky One" at https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)