[Harp-L] Draw bend 5

BenBouman2017 ben@xxxxx
Thu Feb 1 09:25:42 EST 2018

Here is an example how I use the 5 draw bend.
It is in blues songs a very nice ( important) “blue note”… that’s what I use it for!
https://soundcloud.com/ben-bouman/5down <https://soundcloud.com/ben-bouman/5down>

Ben Bouman

> Op 31 jan. 2018, om 20:19 heeft Robert Hale <robert at xxxxx> het volgende geschreven:
>
> RANT
> Why do some instructional materials, and some players insist on draw bend 5?
>
> It can only bend a 1/4 tone down, that's half-way between two adjacent
> guitar frets, and half-way between a black and the next white key on piano.
> It's not a pitch incorporated into western music except for rare vocal
> treatments. It's not in the scale, not in the key.
>
> 1/4 tones ARE of prime importance in East Indian music, and music of Asia.
>
> At most it's an "effect" and most often sounds like a bend attempt that did
> not succeed.
> I don't play it. I don't teach it.
>
> You are welcome to link me to sound samples that you think are good musical
> examples.
>
> Robert Hale
> Serious Honkage in Arizona
> youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
> DUKEofWAIL.com

Kindest regards, met vriendelijke groeten,

Ben Bouman

www.benboumanharmonicas.com <http://www.benboumanharmonicas.com/>
www.harmonicainstituut.nl <http://www.harmonicainstituut.nl/>
www.marbletones.com <http://www.marbletones.com/>