[Harp-L] Warm up

Leonard Schwartzberg Leonard1@xxxxx
Tue Dec 25 11:46:22 EST 2018

Brian;   Just as critical to warming up, is the urgent need not only to play the correct notes, but to play them in time.    It is vital to train and warm-up with the use of a METRONOME (available FREE on an APP from your phone).   The metronome provides a forced challenge or goal to shoot for as one blows the notes.   Try playing a simple scale or a melody together with a metronome and you'll be shocked at the result.
Just a thought............ By the way, I go to the gym 4 or 5 times weekly (I'm nearing 70).  Leonard
-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L <harp-l-bounces at xxxxx> On Behalf Of Brian McInnis
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 11:09 AM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Warm up

People warm up for different reasons.

people like to stretch before they work out.

I like to yawn a couple times, do figure 8's with tho outside of my mouth if you know what I mean, massage the throat and jaw and neck muscles. I like to do this before I sing also.

Some people starting out like to play a little of the song softly or off mic to get it in their head or practice a hard passage of the song a few times.