[Harp-L] She cought the KATY?

Joseph Leone 3N037@xxxxx
Fri Aug 31 10:18:54 EDT 2018

> On Aug 31, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Aongus Mac Cana <amaccana at xxxxx> wrote:
>
> When even the knowledgeable "Smokey Joe" did not know what the KATY was what
> chance had I?

Ha ha ha. Yeah, I have been around a while. All of it.

> Thanks to  Peter Madcat Ruth for filling us in with the railroad connection.

Actually it was Don that wrote an extensive note with details.

> I must try and find the tune on YouTube to see what all the fuss is about.

Arrrrgh, it’s one of my favorites. And I have been on a few trains. The Super Chief, 20th Century Limited, Orange Blossom spl., Yankee Clipper. And in Italy the Rapido & Orient Express.
But I never knew about the Mo. Kan. Tex. line. But then that one is right through the center heartland. Sort of like the City of New Orleans. And I only went north to south on the east coast.

It’s like my Nana Rosanna Rosannadanna (actually Fortuna SaMarco) used to say:  “You canna learn somating new every day iffa you non stonato”.

Smo-Joe