[Harp-L] Sometimes it's simple

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Fri Apr 20 17:12:19 EDT 2018

I bought a Seydel chromatic not long ago, and I found that it was not a
very loud instrument, which is a problem for a heavy blaster like me.  I
tried various playing techniques to no avail.  I consulted with a harp tech
who told me there wasn't much to be done with those instruments.  I was on
the verge of returning the instrument.

Today I took it apart and decided to try tightening the screws that hold
the reed plates to the comb.  Problem solved. I didn't expect loose screws
on a new chromatic, but that's what it was.  It's loud now.

Sometimes you just have to try the basic stuff.

Regards, Richard Hunter

--
Help fund Richard Hunter's "Blue Future" killer blues record!
https://igg.me/at/bluefuture/x/18098212

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)