[Harp-L] Ode to Joy revisited

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Tue Apr 17 14:41:04 EDT 2018

  "Harping On" wrote:
<Thanks for the feedback.
<Ode to joy:-
<https://app.box.com/s/ed455uqb5rzn3prx5pbw6ybvncvofz14

That's one of the better attempts I've heard.  That said, the difference in
attacks between the bent and unbent tones is noticeable, and becomes more
so with repetition.  I don't think it would work very well in concert
performance in front of classical music aficionados, though they might
enjoy the novelty of it.

I'd just tune the blow 3 reed up a whole step and be done with it. Some
things are easier than others.  Playing a note that's designed and built
into the instrument is generally one of the easier things.

Regards, Richard Hunter
--
Help fund Richard Hunter's "Blue Future" killer blues record!
https://igg.me/at/bluefuture/x/18098212

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)