[Harp-L] Seydel Concave Button

Joseph Leone 3n037@xxxxx
Fri Sep 29 23:01:46 EDT 2017

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 9:12 PM, David Fairweather <dmf273 at xxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks for reminding me Greg Jones!   But seriously, is there anyone out
> there who *prefers *the concave button?  I doubt it.

Concave and convex buttons are just for show. And dumb. The convex Hohner button is rounded to the extent that when caught in the crook of the joint(s) of the hand, they can slip.
Especially in sweat.The concave button in the same position only exhibit ‘edges’, which have negligible contact with the finger and almost no grip. The best button is a flat (preferably
 knurled) button.
Such as what’s on a Hering. AND you can even go to the extreme of coating the button with contact cement and then pressing it down onto sand. Being knurled it holds onto the sand.
 OR, if anal retentive, cut a disc of emory paper and stick it on. Being flat, and knurled, the disc holds fast.
Just a few observations from sm0joe labs.

sm0joe  ~(8^0)x