[Harp-L] ii-V-I, But Lacking Resolution

Tin Lizzie TrackHarpL@xxxxx
Tue Sep 5 15:08:18 EDT 2017

So, I’m trying to branch out from the standard 12-bar blues on diatonic.  (“High time,” I hear some of you saying.)

I have opened a book that I bought a while ago, “The Great American Songbook (Volume 2, ’The Composers'), Music and Lyrics for 94 Standards from the Golden Age of American Song,” published by Hal Leonard.  I also purchased iReal Pro.  I’ve been looking at songs that are common to the two.  I practice reading the melody out of the book on my chromatic, accompanied by the chords in iReal Pro.  Well, I’m trying to.

Except that I have yet to find a song common to the two where the chords actually match.

I had hoped that iReal Pro would save me the tedium of entering all the chords by hand from the book into Band-in-a-Box.  I would hate to do all that work if the book is wrong.  How does one decide, when sources differ?

Tin Lizzie
“Never go to sea with two clocks.  Take one, or three.”