[Harp-L] what tuning is this?

Shuffling shuffling@xxxxx
Tue Oct 24 20:14:12 EDT 2017

Michael,
Would appreciate your clarifying your last point: "The real trip is the bends in 1 draw are Gb, F, E, Eb, D and Db."
Are you saying that with this tuning, you can bend the 1 draw down 6 half-steps???
David

      From: Michael Rubin <michaelrubinharmonica at xxxxx>
 To: The Iceman <icemanle at xxxxx>
Cc: harp-l <harp-l at xxxxx>
 Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:27 AM
 Subject: Re: [Harp-L] what tuning is this?

This is only different from standard tuning in hole 1 and 7 draw.  7 draw
has been lowered one half step, giving us the flat 3rd in cross harp, a
handy blues note, the flat 7th in straight, also a handy blues note and the
flat 6th in third, very handy for most types of minor music.

1 draw is now G, the flat seventh in cross, very handy, the fourth in
first, no real big help and the flat third in third, real handy.

1 blow is C, the same note as 7 draw.

The real trip is the bends in 1 draw are Gb, F, E, Eb, D and Db.

This tuning has great possibilities.
Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica.com