[Harp-L] Audience reaction (was: relative major/Last Dance With Mary Jane)

bad_hat@xxxxx bad_hat@xxxxx
Mon Oct 16 14:12:34 EDT 2017

So as a follow up to my first post, some years ago the Rolling Stones
song Love Is Strong was getting a lot of airplay on radio.  I was
playing a gig with a band called the Counterfeiters, a pick up band with
a rotating cast of characters.  At the end of the set we got a request
for Love is Strong.  We said sure then went out into the parking lot
where I learned the harmonica part note for note off of a cassette tape
player in the bass player's truck.  We went in after the set break and
played the song.  Got decent house, everyone was happy.  So it's not
that I don't get that there is a time and a place for covering a popular
and very familiar song note for note but it isn't necessarily the end
all be all.