[Harp-L] opening up covers on Lee Oskar harmonicas?

Leonard Schwartzberg Leonard1@xxxxx
Thu Oct 12 12:12:13 EDT 2017

Thanks........... I should have realized that.   Please don't give me "50 lashes with a wet noodle".   Thanks, Leonard

-----Original Message-----
From: flyingv8 at xxxxx [mailto:flyingv8 at xxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:54 AM
To: 'William Lifford' <william.lifford at xxxxx>; harp-l at xxxxx; Leonard Schwartzberg <Leonard1 at xxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] opening up covers on Lee Oskar harmonicas?

Leonard, I think Bill is asking about opening the back, in other words bending the 90° lip in against the inside of the cover plate. I do this on both Sp20's and Lee Oskars. I add a brass support to make up for the loss of structural integrity that occurs when you flatten the back. The harps seem a bit brighter sounding and they dry out faster with the back open. It's also easier to tweak the reeds with the added clearance.
Regards,
Dee
Dee's Finely Tuned Instruments
Erie,PA.