[Harp-L] Happy 25th Birthday

bad_hat@xxxxx bad_hat@xxxxx
Sat Oct 7 09:33:46 EDT 2017

And so it is, October 6 1992, one lone post from Chris Pierce announcing
the new list.  harp-l having reached it's peak traffic sometime in the
last century.  I think we may have topped out at 2,000 posts a month
there.  A mere shadow of its former self.  The current internet
environment does not support an e-mail type archived list  very well.
Isp's have become quite aggressive in their rejection of mail.  For a
brief moment it was all here.  Everything harmonica in one place.  Now
we have scattered to the winds and aggregated into smaller more specific
areas of interest.  That and forums have largely supplanted e-mail type
lists.