[Harp-L] Master Thesis chromatic & diatonic harmonica

robert mcgraw harpbob@xxxxx
Thu Nov 30 11:16:39 EST 2017

Totally agree with what everybody has said...superb work. You are an outstanding musician! Would love to see you do a seminar based on your thesis at SPAH...that would be very cool indeed!

WVa Bob

________________________________
From: Harp-L <harp-l-bounces at xxxxx> on behalf of Mikael Bäckman <mikael.backman at xxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 6:55 AM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Master Thesis chromatic & diatonic harmonica

Hi list!
Last spring I published my Masters Thesis in Musical Performance. I have been researching whether practicing the chromatic harmonica can make me a better diatonic player and vice versa. This I have done within the context of Western Swing.

So, if any of the those topics (chromatic harmonica, diatonic harmonica, Western Swing) or more specifically, a combination of those topics, interest you please check out this link:

http://ltu.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?dswid=5896&faces-redirect=true&language=en&searchType=LIST_LATEST&query=&af=%5B%5D&aq=%5B%5B%5D%5D&aq2=%5B%5B%5D%5D&aqe=%5B%5D&pid=diva2%3A1112417&noOfRows=50&sortOrder=author_sort_asc&sortOrder2=title_sort_asc&onlyFullText=false&sf=all

and download my thesis. If you do, please let me know what you think.

If this thesis gets a lot of downloads, my university will understand that there is a great interest of musical performance research focusing on the harmonica! And there is a great interest in that, right?  ; )

All the best,

Mikael Backman