[Harp-L] Toots

fmajor7 fmajor7@xxxxx
Thu Mar 23 06:40:00 EDT 2017

Sébastien,

If you have followed Toots' career then you will notice that he played only
Hohner Chromatics. Much later Hohner designed two special harmonicas for
him - the Hard Bopper and Mellow Tone. AFAIK, he never played another make.
So you see, he was a Hohner artist all his life. This may have been the
reason for him not to try harmonicas from different manufacturers. Toots
also whistled and played his guitar simultaneously for years so I believe
he could easily have mastered the HFC. As you saw Enrique had no problems
playing the HFC with his Guitar.
What Toots did in his old age or near the end of his career is still
amazing. I was lucky enough to be at the 90th anniversary concert in
Antwerp and believe me his two-hour long performance was just unbelievable.

Gautam