[Harp-L] Ultra-Low Harmonica Bends

Brendan Power bren@xxxxx
Mon Mar 20 12:56:29 EDT 2017

My Hungarian friend Zombor Kovács shows in the video below how it is
possible to bend the subterranean draw notes on a Lucky 13 in G. It has the
normal G 10-hole range plus an extra low octave added to the left (the same
as holes 1-3 in the normal range, but an octave down).

I find this Big Bottom range REALLY difficult to bend, but Zombor
demonstrates well how to master it. After following his advice in the video
I'm making progress :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXFKZf4YsWc

Zombor's method will apply to all low harps, such as the Thunderbird, Low
Manjis and Low Seydels. Since the Lucky 13 in G is the lowest key available,
if you can master the low bends on it, the higher keys will be a doddle!

Those ultra-low bends take some serious tongue and throat contortion, but it
is possible.

Brendan

 <http://www.brendan-power.com/> www.brendan-power.com

 <http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic>