[Harp-L] All Overbends Are Not Created Equal?

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Fri Mar 17 10:22:54 EDT 2017

When I overdraw on 7 I use a koo articulation.  There is pressure in the
middle of the roof of my mouth and I aim my inhale air to that point, not
to my throat.

Although I U block holes 9 and 10 overdraw and CAN ublock 7 overdraw, I
find puckering to be more effective.

I use the ball end of a tuning fork to "emboss" both reeds.

I gap my reeds so tight that there is some resistance when I try and play
the built in notes.  Then I slightly back it up so there is no resistance.
Both reeds.

I would work with a G harp to start.

Although I am not much for spiritual woo woo,  I found determination and
the decision to accomplish the deciding factor in overblows.

Good luck.
Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica.com