[Harp-L] What first attracted you to harmonica? Why did

Paul Marconi pmarcons@xxxxx
Sat Mar 4 13:19:46 EST 2017

In the mid sixties ( I was 14- 15 ) my buddies put together a band.  I was
the drummer. I had a cheap mylar kit that my parents gave me for
Christmas.  As we progressed I needed to buy a real drum set.  My parents
didn't have the money and neither did I.  So, being a huge Neil Young fan,
I went to the local music store and bought a Blues Harp for $3.50.  I
noodled for years, then a friend lent me a copy of "Turning Point" by John
Mayall.  I couldn't believe that anyone could play the harp like that.  It
was then, in 1974 that I began to really play and figure the thing out.