[Harp-L] What first attracted you to harmonica? Why did you learn to play it?

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Fri Mar 3 17:25:37 EST 2017

I heard Paul Butterfield for the first time in 1967, when I was 15 years
old, and I was immediately and completely knocked out by that white-hot
sound.  I bought my first harmonica within a few weeks and struggled with
it without much success for six months. Then I bought a copy of Tony
Glover's "Blues Harp," which told me what I'd been doing wrong, and things
got a lot better for me quickly.  By then it was pretty clear that harp was
going to be a big part of my identity and my life.

Regards, Richard Hunter

--
"The Lucky One" 21st century rock harmonica project at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/x/5259889#/