[Harp-L] What first attracted you to harmonica? Why did you learn to play it?

jrumbaug@xxxxx jrumbaug@xxxxx
Fri Mar 3 16:32:48 EST 2017

the attraction:
I had just started a long trip in 1997 when we stopped in a Cracker Barrel.
I saw the $5 harmonica and thought, this will give me something to do for
the next 6 hours. I then turned around and bought a $15 book on how to play
the harmonica by Jon Gindick. I became a harmonica owner that could barley
tweet out a standard tune.  In 2001, 2 guys in town started a harmonica
club. They taught me how to play, and it stuck.

Why:
I have played bass guitar since 1970. I never play melody or lead on bass.
Also, the harp is SOOO portable.  It's been a good ride.

Jim Rumbaugh
The Harmonica Club of Huntington, WV