[Harp-L] Overbending vs. Half-Valving

Gary Lehmann gnarlyheman@xxxxx
Fri Mar 3 14:30:00 EST 2017

Full chromaticity with double reed bends can be achieved with a few
different tunings.
I like Brendan Power's diatonic tuning called Power Chromatic, it gives you
all the chromatic notes except for one, the b6 of the home key.
Roger Myerson came up with a tuning independently that strongly resembles
this tuning, it is a variation of the Newton FourKey. He calls it
PentaBender.
I have three of these, keys of C, G, and A. Here is a video where I show
how the blues can be played using this tuning.
Sorry if I don't perform brilliantly on this tuning, just goes to show that
practice can either pay off or not, depending on whether you apply it or
not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2F5MsAcqIM