[Harp-L] Ohio State Harmonica championship needs participants and judges, Saturday July 15 at 3PM

jrumbaug@xxxxx jrumbaug@xxxxx
Wed Jun 28 11:00:15 EDT 2017

Below I have posted the information from their web site.  This year I will be a judge again. If you are interested in being a judge PLEASE contact Judy at chestercourthouse at xxxxx . If you want to be a participant, all you need to do is show up. NO ENTRANCE FEE. Over the last 10 years I have seen the number of participants vary from 10 to 1, so it is hard to tell how many will be there this year.

Saturday July 15, 2017 at 3 PM

Chester Shade Historical Association’s sponsors the Harmonica Championship to raise awareness about the harmonica to preserve it and educate future generations.  This age old instrument has been carried in the pockets of children and adults as their companion during wars and peace.

Attend the best harmonica concert and championship anywhere held in Ohio’s Oldest Courthouse. The Ohio State Harmonica Championship keeps drawing bigger and better fields. You won’t want to miss this knee slappin’ good time.

Our contestants travel from across the state, Pa., and W. Va. This is the only state contest in this tri-state area. 1st place $300; 2nd place $150; 3rd place $75. The contest takes place at the Eastern High School Gymnasium at 3 PM

The is year the event will be at the Chester Courthouse in Chester, OH. Contestants should report 30 minutes before the contest to draw for contest placement at the  Chester Courthouse.

For more harmonica information or the days activities check the website or email chestercourthouse at xxxxx or 740-985-9822.