[Harp-L] Nominate someone for a SPAH award (deadline June 30)
Tue Jun 20 12:10:33 EDT 2017
Who deserved the honor of a SPAH award in 2017?
The June 30 deadline is fast approaching to nominate candidates for a SPAH award. SPAH members received the printed awards packet along with the Spring 2017 issue of the magazine Harmonica Happenings, but yo can also go to the SPAH website and download the packet:
You don’t have to mail in the forms. In fact, you don’t have to use them at all. Just include all the required information in an email and send it to:
Briefly, the awards are:
Bernie Bray Harmonica Player of the Year Award
- Candidates should be individuals (not organizations) who are harmonica players
- Candidates’ proficiency should be a source of pride for the community – the award should be for excellence in
actually playing the instrument.
- Award should be for distinction demonstrated or attained recently, preferably during a twelve month period
prior to the deadline for nominations.
- Only one person may receive the Bernie Bray Award in any year.
Pete Pedersen Lifetime Achievement Award
- Candidates should have a record of achievements over a long period of time that may reasonably be considered to be the virtual equivalent of a lifetime.
- Candidates that have established themselves as outstanding harmonica players are preferred.
- Candidates should be active in promoting the preservation and advancement of the harmonica and the positive
and meaningful interaction of harmonica players and devotees.
- Candidates should demonstrate generosity in sharing their talents and knowledge, and in remaining accessible
to members of the harmonica community.
- Only one person may receive the Pete Pedersen Lifetime Achievement Award in any one year unless there is a
compelling reason to do otherwise.
Stan Harper Award of Special Merit (formerly the SPAH Award of Special Merit)
- Candidates must have benefited the harmonica community in a manner that is deserving of singular honor.
- Candidates may be individuals who do not play the harmonica.
- Candidates may be organizations.
Producer, the Harmonica Collective
Author, Harmonica For Dummies, Second Edition: ISBN 978-1-118-88076-0
Harmonica Basics For Dummies, ASIN B005KIYPFS
Blues Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-1-1182-5269-7
Resident Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool Community Music School
President emeritus, SPAH, the Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica
More information about the Harp-L