[Harp-L] Scale and intervals practice on dimi chromatic

Sheltraw macaroni9999@xxxxx
Thu Jul 27 18:18:07 EDT 2017

I don't play the the dimi but I do play the augy. I don't practice scale patterns at all. Matter of fact I don't think about blowing/drawing or using the slide. The augy system is nearly translationally invariant which facilitates a tight coupling between the inner ear and motor cortex. So I mostly just think of what I want the next few notes to be and out they come automatically - most of the time. I still need work on larger intervals but those, I am convinced, will become automatic as well with practice.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone