[Harp-L] ACE Chromatic New wood inserts by Tom Halchak at SPAH

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Tue Jul 18 13:59:46 EDT 2017

I spent three salivating the ACE chromatic being heavily advertised.

I played it at SPAH 2016 with both brass and wood inserts.  It was a great
harp.

The Hohner rep warned me the wood inserts would not be included iof I
didn't buy right then.

That would be okay, I thought.  How much more could they be?

About 6 months ago I bought the ACE for $799, more than I have ever spent
on a chromatic.

To its credit,  it plays and sounds wonderful.

I contacted Hohner.  How much are the wood inserts.

$150.

Shock.

But we don't have any right now.

Oh.  When are you going to get some?

No plans for the near future.

To me, if I spend $700 on a harp, it should do my taxes.  Needless to say,
I am frustrated with Hohner.

If you or anyone you know has a similar story, I have good news.

Tom Halchak of Blue Moon Harmonicas is creating some wood inserts.  He make
use more than one type of wood.

He is not going to make a large batch, but they should be available for
sale at SPAH.  Of course, he ultimately would be able to do lots of
different types of woods and metals, if there was a demand.

Thank you Tom!
Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica at xxxxx