[Harp-L] Hohner Echo tremolo harps

George Miklas harmonicat@xxxxx
Tue Jan 24 12:37:50 EST 2017

Do not submerse wood comb Hohner Echo tremolo harps.   I have about a dozen
customers who send these to me for cleaning.  This is my process...

   - completely disassemble the harmonica,
   - ultrasonic clean the reed plates
   - scrape/brush to remove dry saliva and food chunks from the inside of
   the comb
   - sanitize the comb with UV light
   - buff/polish the cover plates
   - test all reeds for buzzes and cracks
   - retune/replace reeds as necessary
   - reassemble reed plates
   - check tremolo tuning, adjusting as necessary
   - reassemble cover plates
   - on double sided harps and single harps where the covers wrap over the
   end and nailed, I replace the cover plate nails with wood screws.

   -
   - *HARMONICA GALLERY SALES* and *REPAIR SERVICE*
      - New!* HOHNER* Harmonicas
      <http://www.harmonicagallery.com/harmonicas-for-sale>  - Used /
      Cleaned / Sanitized Harmonicas
      <http://www.harmonicagallery.com/harmonicas-for-sale>
      - *HARMONICA REPAIR* Done Right by George - Harmonicas - Melodicas -
      Slider Basses <http://www.harmonicagallery.com/repair>
   - *GEORGE MIKLAS* Harmonica Performing Artist and Entertainer
   <http://www.harmonicagallery.com/bios/about>
   - *SPAH *- *The Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the
   Harmonica <http://spah.org/>*
   - *HOHNER HARMONICAS *- playhohner.com