[Harp-L] Manufacturers' Reed/slot Tolerances

Sébastien Frémal sebastien.fremal@xxxxx
Tue Jan 24 07:48:56 EST 2017

When I began playing harmonica, I quickly got interested by overblows. I
therefore bought a lot of stuff, with a lot of marketing about how
beautiful their reed was. I even bought a Suzuki Firebreath at 92€. They
were all set up like crap. It's been 3 years, I greatly improved my technic
and overblows are not a problem anymore, even placing crappy overblows on
crappily set up ootb harp. I tried again all these old harps (Hohner,
Suzuki, Lee Oscar...), and they stay crappily set up for overblows. And,
sadly, particularly the Firebreath. So, if someone want a good harmonica,
don't go purchase expensive harmonica, I suggest to learn how to gap
harmonica (that will completely change your world) or to buy custom harps !!

Sebastien
​