[Harp-L] Burnishing v Embossing

Joseph Leone 3n037@xxxxx
Fri Jan 20 22:38:53 EST 2017

I looked up all three terms in 3 dictionaries. NONE of the terms matched. Not exactly. The one (embossing) comes closest as it refers to RAISING a ridge. Ok, so if you look upon the INSIDE of the reed slot and set it on the VERTICAL. yes, you ARE actually raising a ridge. Except that it is on the INSIDE of the reed slot..and it is aimed INWARD and not up and down..which is how I think most people are visualizing it.

smo-joe (Btw, swaging CAN be done gently..it doesn’t have to occur via a drop hammer.. lolol. You are basically moving molecules of metal via pressure). But I’ll buy whatever you guys are selling.