[Harp-L] volume pot causes tone change

bbqbob917@xxxxx bbqbob917@xxxxx
Fri Jan 20 11:17:08 EST 2017

Hi,What was the pot value that you put in it. For ceramics and crystals, they're ultra hi-z mics and require a pot with a minimum of 1meg resistance, ideally 5meg and anything lower than that, the change is gonna be really quite drastic. Blues Blasters originally came with 250K pots and then later 500K pots, which is fine for guitars and dynamic mics or mics with CM/CR elements in them. Sincerely,Barbeque Bob MaglinteBoston, MACD available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bbmaglinte

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Robert Hale <robert at xxxxx>
To: "harp-l at xxxxx" <harp-l at xxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] volume pot causes tone change
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 22:31:04 -0700

MIC TECHNICIANS, and SOLDER KINGS AND QUEENS:

I just put an MC-151 element into a Blues Blaster mic. [Thanks to the
generosity of a friend on this list]
It works, but I notice a tone change over the range of the volume pot.
Louder is brighter tone, and lower is more muted tone (HF roll off).

It didn't behave this way before. What can I check on next?

Thank you. Any ideas are welcome.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL