[Harp-L] Off topic help please RCA BK-5B Ribbon microphone

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Thu Jan 12 15:42:38 EST 2017

Assuming that you can’t buy a yoke separately, I can’t think of a solution that won’t require you to be handy with tools.

Here is a way to do it yourself that requires “only” hammer, vise, hacksaw, drill, file, screwdriver, and pliers.

Material: Standard mic holder and a strip of 1/8 x 1/2 aluminum bar.

Cut to length, drill screw holes, file off sharp corners and bend a yoke of the aluminum bar.
Cut away un-needed parts of the mic holder.
Screw ‘em together.
Spray-paint black.

The result will depend on your skill with the tools.

Al. bar:  http://www.metalsdepot.com/catalog_cart_view.php?msg= <http://www.metalsdepot.com/catalog_cart_view.php?msg=>    1/8" x 1/5" x 24”  $3.50 + shipping.
Screws:  Home Depot or on-line from McMaster-Carr
Vern