[Harp-L] NEW ALBUM: Sketches in Blue

Brendan Power bren@xxxxx
Wed Feb 8 10:43:57 EST 2017

Well spotted Winslow, that's the AsiaBend on 'Wayfaring Stranger'. I find it works well on moody American and Celtic folk ballads. You can get closer to the melismatic singing of such greats as Ralph Stanley with the AsiaBend.

Most of the other tracks are played on the Lucky 13. You should be able to hear on the video how I dip down into the extra lower octave from time to time. It's great for accompanying singers, as you can stay out of the vocal range whilst playing behind them.

Brendan
www.brendan-power.com
www.YouTube.com/BrendanPowerMusic

-----Original Message-----
From: Winslow Yerxa [mailto:winslowyerxa at xxxxx]
Sent: 07 February 2017 19:54
To: Brendan Power; harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] NEW ALBUM: Sketches in Blue

Di I hear the AsiaBend at the beginning of the video clip?

Winslow Yerxa
Producer, the Harmonica Collective
Author, Harmonica For Dummies, Second Edition: ISBN 978-1-118-88076-0
            Blues Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-1-1182-5269-7 Resident Expert, bluesharmonica.com Instructor, Jazzschool Community Music School President emeritus, SPAH, the Society for the Preservation and Advancement of the Harmonica