[Harp-L] Gaskets?

Joseph Leone 3n037@xxxxx
Tue Aug 29 11:43:52 EDT 2017

Most of what you say is true ‘Super Vern’. The air going around just ONE reeds would be more than a comb leak. BUT a gasket will soak up vibrations and make a harp feel better in the hands. More solid may be the
word I’m looking for. It all goes back with something I have been saying for generations. The more comfortable a player ‘feels’t has a psychological effect, and just as you say, if you’re looking for a result and you
come even within a scintilla of said result, you feel better. May have more confidence, and look upon the world as a wonderful place. lolol.

And on the subject of preaching. Many times I write and people take it the wrong way. They shouldn’t. I am only voicing ‘my’ preference(s). Example? If I were to say that removing a slide spring is dumb, people
might chastise me for being uncharitable or insensitive. When in fact I am simply saying that ‘for ME removing the slide spring is dumb.’ Otherwise, with harmonica, I try not to cause negative waves.

sm0joe