[Harp-L] Gaskets?

Aongus Mac Cana amaccana@xxxxx
Mon Aug 28 05:14:50 EDT 2017

I am a guy who used to mess a lot with cars in my youth. Consequently I am
familiar with the technique of producing gaskets from brown paper in  the
time honoured method of cutting it by tapping it with a ball peen hammer
against the machined surface I was trying to seal with its mating face.

I thought that this might be a neat way to make harmonicas airtight too
-particularly "cheap jack" instruments where the mating surfaces might not
be top class.

However when I raised this theory with the acknowledged expert Rick Epping
at Willie Clancy School one year he decidedly did not recommend it.

I would be interested to hear the experiences of others who might have tried
this. Maybe I need to make the acquaintance of "Dee"

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana