[Harp-L] Overbend

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Fri Aug 25 08:03:10 EDT 2017

I have never used the term overbend.

To me an overdraw is a subset of the larger term overblow. If I werr to say
9 overblow for example, I am still referring to the overdraw but not being
as precise with my language.

Just my take.

The term I hate is warble. I have heard people use it to describe at least
two things, fast tongue switching, which I call a wag and quickly
alternating between two adjacent holes which I call a shake.

I also struggle with the term pull. Pull can mean lierally pulling the harp
quickly out of the mouth while making reed(s) sound, creating a popping
sound.

 It can refer to a tongue pull which is a tongue blocking technique where
you begin with a single note, pull your tongue away and create a chord.
This has recently been named a lift.

Finally another use of the word pull is the tongue blocking technique where
the tongue is blocking holes and air is flowing but no sound is happening
untik the tongue pulls off playing the chord and creating a popping sound.

Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com