[Harp-L] overbending, WAS: Harmo Torpedo

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Wed Aug 23 12:08:29 EDT 2017

"Overblowing is simply overbending on a blow note; overdrawing is
overbending on a draw note."

Am I the only one who finds this explanation incomprehensible? Maybe it's
the terms and vocabulary. I watched the video and hear notes that I do not
reproduce. But the straw analogy seems quite mystical and unrelated to the
physics of breath and reed.

(sing Buffalo Springfield with me...) "There's something happening here.
What it is aint exactly clear."

I have read that Japanese harps (Lee Oskar) don't respond the same way
German (Hohner) harps do.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL