[Harp-L] Harmo Torpedo

Jerry Deall jdeall@xxxxx
Mon Aug 21 10:32:59 EDT 2017

There are also many FREE apps for your Android phone or Tablet "Functional Ear Trainer" and "Perfect Ear" being 2 of them.   Perfect Ear also has rhythm and theory lessons as well.

I've even used a guitar tuner app to watch for the tonic or 1 chord.

Jerry Deall
SPAH Secretary

-----Original Message-----

From: Leonard1 at xxxxx
To: dh at xxxxx,flyingv8 at xxxxx,harp-l at xxxxx
Sent: 2017-08-21 9:12:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmo Torpedo

Dee:   Thanks for your reply.   Although you've not directly addressed my questions, you've surely brought out some good thoughts.   Do I expect to be another Jason Ricci?   Not a chance......... hes' played (apparently) a long time.    I'm 65 and try to play 1/2 hour or more daily.   My goal is:   to play for my own entertainment, relaxation, mind exercise, and to provide myself with lung exercise.   That said, I do know how to read music, read timing, use the circle of fifths, and can readily dictate the 12 keys.   I can't play Mary had..... only due to lack of practice, not lack of understanding.    I enjoy to BEND, and trying hard to BEND as I tongue block, which is difficult for me.    I can pucker the bends, but trying to play them TB, I just think is probably a better way to go.   I read lots of material on harp, and watch lots of videos.    Seems like the more I watch, the more questions I have (which is probably a good sign of learning).   So far, I've not done any OBlowing, ODrawing, OBending and just trying to clarify what they are and what they will add to my playing and what the differences are between all these terminologies.    One  of the "enjoyments" I get as I ride in my car (playing my Harp.... I only play during local rides going 25-30mph) is to pick a radio station (I enjoy blues music) and try to play along with the song.   BIG TIME QUESTION:   very difficult for me to pick the correct HARP to match the song (I mostly like to play 2nd position).    How do I do that?    Is there an app to help?   Anyways Dee, thanks again for your thoughts and advice.   I want to continue to play, play, play my harps.   Leonard