[Harp-L] How I recorded "50 Grand"

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sun Apr 30 09:46:40 EDT 2017

In my continuing series of posts on the instruments and FX used on my 21st
century rock harp record "The Lucky One," I've posted a piece that
describes the various (seven) harp parts I put on my song "50 Grand," an
epic of money, cheatin', and harmonicas. "50 Grand" is a blues with an
added vamp section, and the piece is dedicated to Charlie Musselwhite and
Little Feat, both of whose influences are clearly audible in the music.

http://www.hunterharp.com/the-harps-and-gear-i-used-to-record-50-grand/

The only harmonica used on this recording is a Seydel Session Steel in Bb
played in 2nd position. The only harp setup used on the recording is an
Audix Fireball V mic into a Digitech RP500 running sounds of my design.
Even with all the harmonica going on in this piece, the essentials of the
arrangement could be managed pretty easily by a band with two harmonica
players, and very easily by a band with three harp players.

Enjoy.

Regards, Richard Hunter
--
Check out the 21st Century rock harmonica record "The Lucky One" at
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)