[Harp-L] The 9th Annual Brooklyn Folk Festival Harmonica Contest Saturday April 29 at 6pm

Trip Henderson trip.tunes@xxxxx
Sat Apr 8 11:30:01 EDT 2017

Hello Freereed Friends,

The 9th annual Brooklyn Folk Festival will take place once again at St.
Ann's Church in Brooklyn Heights. http://brooklynfolkfest.com/

On April 29th the Festival will host a harmonica contest at 6:00pm and I'll be
judging along with my longtime pals Kim Field and Randy Weinstein. Spots are
limited as we only have an hour so I encourage anyone interested to sign up
in advance by writing me so I can add your name to the list.

*Harmonica Contest Rules*

·      Only diatonic harps are allowed.

The first round shall consist of one tune of the player's choice.  A
round shall
not last more than 3 minutes.  You will be disqualified if time limits are
exceeded excessively.

·      You may play unaccompanied or be accompanied by one instrument
except another harmonica. Only acoustic instruments will be allowed.

·      Late entries will only be allowed if there is room in the program

·      There will be a playoff round by the top three players as determined
by the judges.

A word of advice - It is easier to keep a short piece interesting, choose a
piece with scope to show the variety in your playing.  We love the blues
but consider differentiating yourself by playing Fiddle Tunes, Waltzes, or
Mountain Ballads.

Let me know if you’re on board.  I hope so!

Warm regards,
Trip Henderson
trip.tunes at xxxxx

--