[Harp-L] "Sam Lay in Bluesland"

Mick Zaklan mzaklan@xxxxx
Thu Apr 6 11:12:25 EDT 2017

   If you're in the Chicagoland area; there's a nice little movie playing
on Channel 11, the local PBS station, tonight at 10:00pm.  It's called "Sam
Lay in Bluesland".  Blues fans know Sam as one of the greatest blues
drummers who ever lived and Sam shot a lot of home movies over his long
career.  I've seen the movie before and as I recall, there is
rare footage of Paul Butterfield, Little Walter, Howling Wolf and many
others.  Unfortunately, no sound on these.  I remember Billy Branch and
Corky Siegel doing some playing during the show; Charlie Musselwhite doing
commentary.
   Before the film, at 7:00pm, Joe Filisko and the film's director are
featured being interviewed about it.  Same channel, on Chicago Tonight.
Highly recommended if you are a blues fan.

Mick Zaklan